Ultrasonic thickness testing of structural steel roof structure.
What is Ultrasonic thickness measurement (UTM)?
UTM is one of the techniques used to determine the condition and wall thickness of ship hulls, piping and structural steel. UTM is used to determine the thickness of the object under examination and
- Detect erosion/corrosion
- Determine corrosion rates by subsequent measurements
- Determine base line thickness
- Verify thickness of incoming materials
- Various visual and corrosion inspections carried out
- Working alongside structural engineers
- Utilisation of ACX Powered Ascender to assist engineers with personal access to selected areas