Aug 2020 – June 2021, 854 Hunter Street & 6 Stewart Avenue, Newcastle NSW (The Store)
JG Vertical was part of Newcastle’s infrastructure transformation.
An 8-floor workplace (1,100 workstations) for multiple government departments, including Transport, Planning, Industry, Environment & Service NSW, ‘The Store’ by DOMA & BLOC Constructions stands as Newcastle’s largest office building with over 9,400 square meters of workspace.
JG Vertical stands out in this project due to the builder and our contractors being able to benefit from our expertise and various skilled trade qualified technicians to complete.
Our works involved;
Supplying of trade qualified Rope Access Technicians and Riggers to complete the following:
- Caulking of the precast joints on the newly constructed car parking and bus interchange stage
- Supply and installation of temporary static lines for the façade trades to utilise when installing sections of the curtain wall from each level
- Rigging, lifting and installation of over 100 replacement DGU panels (Glass) façade panels
- Various façade and Curtin wall installations
- Installation of 300+ Sunshades between levels on the entire northern elevation
We facilitated all the works with an average of 8-10 Technicians onsite broken into small teams, adjusting labour as needed to push the project forward and meet all milestones.
Finally, to top the project off JG Vertical were awarded the contract to complete the entire façade builders wash down and final detail. Resulting in a flawless outcome for all parties involved.